Homes for sale adult living communities in Saint Lucie County
Who can live in adult living communities?
If you’re looking for a place to spend your golden years after retirement, you might have come across homes for sale in adult living communities in Saint Lucie County. After that, perhaps you wanted to know more about this type of residence.
Adult living communities are one of the most attractive options because they allow for independent living while offering a wide range of amenities and activities. The added perks of security and tranquility make them a solid alternative.
One of the considerations you should make if you’re interested in adult living communities is the ages of those living in you. If you live with a younger child or spouse, will you be able to move to one of these communities?
The answer depends on the community. On the one hand, 62+ communities don’t allow anyone younger to live in them. On the other hand, 55+ communities may allow younger residents, but each community has the power to impose its own conditions.
The Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA) states that a 55+ community must have at least 80% of its units containing a person 55 or older of age. That leaves a 20% able to be rented to anyone. However, any given community may choose to be more restrictive and not allow as many younger residents.
Keep in mind that there is one big exception to this rule: if a younger person has a legally recognized handicap, they can be allowed in an adult living community, be it a 62+ or a 55+ community.
When you’re looking for homes for sale in adult living communities in Saint Lucie County, you should know what you expect. That will allow you to choose the best community for you and your needs.
If you want a quiet environment without the commotion of playing children, pick a 62+ community or a 55+ community that doesn’t allow people under 55. If you have a younger spouse or are the guardian of a child, a 55+ community that allows younger residents will be right for you.
Do you need guidance to decide which adult living community is the best for you? At Select Properties of the Treasure Coast, we’ll be pleased to help you!
At Select Properties, we are highly proud of our hard work and our marvelous team. Together, we can find the best homes for sale adult living communities in Port Saint Lucie! We are ready to attend your requests.
Contact us today and let our experience and knowledge help you find the right place!